Today I did something new, I wrote down exactly what I would be looking for as I completed my daily walk-through. While this may be the habit of other admins, it was definitely not mine. Even so, I can't believe how much more effective today's classroom visits became as a result of this one little change. No longer was I haphazardly visiting classrooms collecting data that lacked focus, which made it next to impossible to deduce the data gathered into information I could truly use to improve my teacher's instructional practices. I now have real data, data that I plan to highlight in my weekly staff emails.
Until next time...
Post a Comment